University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 1982
Colorado College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1978
State Bar of California
United States District Court – Central District
United States District Court – Eastern District
United States District Court – Northern District
United States District Court – Southern District
United States Supreme Court
All California state courts
American Bar Association, member
California Bar Association, member
San Francisco Bar Association, member
Association of Business Trial Lawyers, member
Mr. Dye’s practice is devoted to commercial, consumer and business litigation. He also litigates matters involving employment, product liability, intellectual property, real estate, and professional liability matters. He has represented publicly-owned and privately-held domestic and international entities, manufacturers, developers, financial institutions, franchisors, partnerships, attorneys, accountants, engineers, architects, real estate professionals, investment bankers, insurance and securities brokers and individuals in state and federal trial courts and courts of appeal.
Mr. Dye’s experience includes:
· Business/Commercial Litigation: Representations include matters involving unfair competition, trade secrets, business torts, UCC, breach of contract, fraud, conversion, fiduciary duties, fraudulent transfers and business dissolution.
Consumer litigation: Representations include defense of hundreds of consumer warranty and fraud claims against automobile manufacturers and dealers cases in federal and state court.
· Product Liability: Representations include defense of heavy construction and farm equipment manufacturers, industrial equipment manufacturers and automobile manufacturers. In addition, Mr. Dye has litigated and advised clients in actions brought under California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, also known as Proposition 65. These matters have included a wide variety of products including packaging materials, jewelry, eyeglasses, brass fittings, automotive products, coffee, and a variety of listed chemicals, including lead, acrylamides, BPA, DEHP, DBP, and other phthalates.
· Labor and Employment: Mr. Dye has trial and counseling experience in matters involving employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation, wrongful termination, whistleblowers, independent sales representatives, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements, arbitration agreements, and wage and hour class actions.
· Intellectual Property: Representations include numerous litigation matters involving trade secrets in a variety of industries. Mr. Dye has also litigated patent license disputes and patent and copyright infringement litigation matters involving microprocessor technology.
· Professional Liability: Representations include numerous litigation matters involving the professional liability of attorneys, accountants, architects and engineers, securities brokers and insurance agents and brokers.
· Lender Liability: Representations include trial and successful appeal resulting in a $37 million settlement for subordinated debenture holders in a failed LBO setting involving lender liability and trust indenture claims. Mr. Dye has also represented financial institutions in lender liability litigation.
· Appellate Practice: Representations include federal and state court matters for appellants and respondents in cases involving federal preemption, ERISA, mining, union trust funds, real estate, insurance, arbitration, replevin and attorney disqualification.